Start working through these interactive resources. Each one should take you about twenty minutes. Each contains in-depth information, resources and activities to help you gain the knowledge to help you progress.
Support and guidence for Research
Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites. Google Scholar helps you find relevant work across the world of scholarly research.
Features of Google Scholar
- Search all scholarly literature from one convenient place
- Explore related works, citations, authors, and publications
- Locate the complete document through your library or on the web
- Keep up with recent developments in any area of research
- Check who's citing your publications, create a public author profile
Help with research and saving your sources?
The need to write everything in word documents or save reference and research sources on a memory stick is a thing of the past. There are many FREE resources online to help students and professionals collect all the research information they need and to enable them to easily retrieve it anywhere, anytime.
Check out these common Reference/Research support online resources.
Mendeley http://www.mendeley.com/ (see below for more info)
Remember these packages can be extremely helpful and time saving BUT you need to work in the way that's best for you. These packages may not be for everyone.
Mendeley is one of the most popular from the list above, this little bio (below) comes directly from their website. We are not recommending one more than the other, they all have their advantages and disadvantages but Mendeley seems to be the most popular among students at the present time.
It’s time to change the way we do research.
Mendeley is a free reference manager and academic social network that can help you organize your research, collaborate with others online, and discover the latest research.
- Automatically generate bibliographies
- Collaborate easily with other researchers online
- Easily import papers from other research software
- Find relevant papers based on what you’re reading
- Access your papers from anywhere online
- Read papers on the go, with our new iPhone app
View this short demo on the use of Mendeley to see if it will be of benifit to you...
Information, further research and reflection
Other links to follow...